2016 Student Testimonials
Our third group, of 8th grade students, shares their thoughts…looking back and looking forward. A collective of their reflections include what they have appreciated most and what they have done personally at MTMS that has made them and others happy. They have included obstacles that have been overcome and how they have given back to the community. They have articulated how they have lived out the Jesuit Principles and where they have noticed God’s presence at MTMS.
- I know that when I come to school every day that I am loved and cared for by all the staff.
- The MTMS staff will continue supporting us when we go to high school and university. They always want the best for us and will go out of their way to help us become successful.
- I appreciate the teachers the most. They are the most amazing people ever. They are very kind to us and help us to stay on track.
- I am a better person because of MTMS. Not only have I improved intellectually, but I have improved on my values and relationships with other people.
- I was challenged to “get out of my comfort zone” and just do it.
- I appreciated the opportunities that MTMS has to offer. I am thankful for the extra effort and understanding the staff at MTMS gives.
- I am happy that at MTMS I learned how to push myself to my limits. I learned how to be a better student and an individual. I learned how to set goals and have high standards for everything I do.
- A highlight for me was our trip to Ottawa.
- MTMS gave me the courage to do more things and helped me to overcome my fear of leaving home.
- I learned to overcome my fears, running around that track when everyone stares at you.
- Relationships with friends tested my patience and trust; this helped me learn how to handle certain situations in a mature way.
- In 6th grade, a couple of students raised money for Typhoon Haiyan victims in the Philippines. As a class in 7th grade, we held a gingerbread house decorating contest to raise money to build a small school in India. In 8th grade once again our class fundraised by selling crab apple jelly we made and donated the proceeds to the Regina Transition House. It made me feel very happy when I was able to help a new Syrian family feel welcomed through our 8th Grade fundraiser, “Are You Smarter than an 8th Grade Stock Trader?”
- I learned to overcome some of my fears. I have learned how to be “Open to Growth” and how to set goals.
- The staff at MTMS has helped me to be my most authentic self and have mentored us through obstacles.
- The Mentorship program at MTMS helped me grow as a person. I also appreciated the Summer Leadership Retreat and Academy as well at the Tim Horton’s Camp.
- I like how we are all like a family. We annoy each other sometimes but in the end we all appreciate what everyone brings to the table.
- I appreciate being able to play sports and the different places I have gone because of them.
- I was scared of what people would say if I joined different kinds of groups like football and wrestling, but I did it anyway.