January So Far
January 23, 2017
A lot has happened in the month of January!
- HEALING FOREST INITATIVE ~ MISSING & MURDERED INDIGENOUS WOMEN and CHILDREN: Our 7th grade students travelled to the University of Regina to network in community with other schools from Regina and surrounding area. Our students are making history and will be part of the larger story of Reconciliation and Healing.
- OHL HOCKEY: Our boys had their first practices last week! We look forward to cheering them on throughout the season!
- “OUR FIRST MTMS BABY”: Congratulations to Lyndsay and Scott on the birth of Grace Lynne.
- MACKENZIE ART GALLERY TOURS: All of our students had the opportunity to travel to the M.A.G. to view Across the Turtle’s Back: The Kampelmacher Memorial Collection of Indigenous Art. They were also able to create traditional artwork during these visits!
- U OF S NURSING STUDENTS: We are so fortunate to have another group of amazing nursing students join us for the next few months!
- BASKETBALL SEASON: Ms. McMillan, Mr. Whitestar, and Mrs. Berhardt have begun coaching our grade 6, 7, 8 students. We are playing 3 on 3 basketball this year and we have had two exhibition games! Our students have shown immense improvement already!